Brief History of IFM
- IFM Community Radio has acquired its permanent 5 year broadcasting license in July 2011.
- This is the culmination of an unyielding effort by the 70 000 strong Muslim families of Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch for almost two decades.
- IFM today boasts with a functional studio and programmes that keep their diverse listeners inspired spiritually and informed on political and social issues.
- Daily interviews with political heavyweights such as Presidential Spokesperson Mac Maharaj, Executive Mayor Danny Jordaan and DA leader Helen Zille are commonplace on the airwaves of IFM.
- Added to that the contributions of influential personalities such as Springbok coach, Heyneke Meyer and legends like Zola Budd, Danie Gerber and Makhaya Ntini; then you know why IFM claims to get the people talking…
- We mainly cater for the Muslim community as we are a community radio station with an Islamic Ethos
- We have programmes for all listeners.(example: Children’s programmes, Youth domain, Lectures from Mufti’s (learned scholars in Islam)
- We are striving on a regularly basis to increase the quality of our content by bringing in newness
- We work with a group of volunteer presenters currently, that offer their services when they are available. We have fixed live shows during the week as well as weekends
- We have live content as well as local pre recorded shows and are working on bringing more on board as we grow the station
- Companies advertise or market their business for a range of reasons.
- To inform people of your product, business or service
- To persuade and convince people the value of your product, business or service
- To remind people of, and highlight the availability of your product, business or service
- In a nutshell, advertising serves to inform, persuade and remind people of the product, business and service which your company offers.
Why Advertise on IFM
- IFM enjoys the unique distinction of serving the needs of a specific audience, but yet not excluding any of the multitude of communities and diverse cultures in our reception area.
- We currently have an estimated audience of 50 to 70 thousand potential customers; which during the holy month of Ramadaan increases exponentially.
- Our loyal listener base creates an ideal platform to promote your business.
- Our marketing team will assist you to conceptualize effective ways of informing our audience and creating awareness of your product, business or service.
- IFM offers the most competitive rates and extensive advertising packages which gives you the platform to convey your message frequently over an extended period of time.
- High frequency advertising ensures that your product, business or service will be on the top of the minds of our audience when they have a need for it.
- If none of the packages suit your business or budget, our marketing consultant can work out a tailor-made package to suit the needs of your business no matter how big or small it may be.
- IFM prides itself on providing an alternate family lifestyle option to the more discerning listener.
- The pie charts below illustrate IFM’s listener profile regarding pertinent criteria:
- AGE: Approximately 80% of our listeners are between the economically productive ages of 24 and 64
- 56% of our listeners are female and 44% male whilst majority of our female listeners have spending power.
- Our listeners range between the three main languages and we strive to cater for all with our various programmes. 52% English, 46% Afrikaans and 2% Xhosa
- We have a variety of people within Islamic community that listens to our station on a daily basis. 58% Coloured, 38% Indian, 2% Black and 2% White.